Best espresso machine under $300 (Year 2018)
Coffee is one of the consumed drinks worldwide. You can have it in so many ways, hot, cold, with milk, without milk, etc. But, in case you are looking for the original taste of coffee, the one that is achieved only through the best coffee beans and processed through the best espresso machine than you need to pay attention to your product selection.
Of course, you can run at the nearest bar, or you can opt for another suitable alternative – home – made espresso machine. We believe in the power of wise decisions, because of this we have prepared a “Buyer’s Guide” in case you are looking for the best espresso machine under $300 in the market.
1. What is the right shape and size of the best espresso machine?
There is a common belief or attitude that shape and size are connected to the quality of the appliance you are about to buy. This can be considered as a debatable discussion since there is no universal truth.
Instead, what you need to take into consideration when buying an espresso machine, in terms of shape, size or even color, is the surroundings of your kitchen or office. If you are adding a new espresso machine to your kitchen make sure that its color, size and shape fit the other appliances and the furniture ones.
The same logic should be applied even if the espresso machine is going to be used in your office.
2. Should I consider water storage? Is there a right and wrong size?
There are different ways on how water storages are built. The most common water storage compartment is holding water enough for eight cups of coffee.
But, there might be other more efficient solutions that allow the users to fill the water storage more easily.
In case you are attracted from easy solutions and size is not a concern, then you should be looking for these types of espresso machines with a long funnel type.
3. Is the coffee delivery relevant, or I can choose any type of espresso machine and the result will be the same?
If you are buying an espresso machine for your individual needs you can rely not only on the professional types but in the standard and common ones as well.
Whilst, if you are looking for an espresso machine that will be used for an office usage then you most probably stick to the professional type ones.
They are considered or at least expected to be, more durable regardless of the time and usage. The number of cups is another important element. Depending on the capacity you will have a certain number of cups of coffee per one full tank.
Even in this case you need to focus on the number of users and decide accordingly.
4. Is frothing process necessary?
Most of the espresso machines are able to produce not only simple espresso coffee but macchiato and other milk based drinks as well.
Anyways, not all the espresso machines have the stream mechanism that provides the necessary pressure to froth the milk.
Thus, consider your espresso tastes when about to purchase the new espresso machine. In case you are a fan of milk – base coffee, consider taking an espresso machine equipped with the stream mechanism.
5. What about cleaning and taking care? What are the complications behind?
This is one of the most common worries that a user experiences when using a kitchen appliance. In fact, the espresso machines need to be cleaned after each use in order to be hygiene safe.
Because of this, whenever you are right about to select the best espresso machine for you, be careful in checking the degree on which its parts are dissembled. Dissembling of the accessories and attachments makes the cleaning process easier.
Best Espresso Machine Review Time!
1. Nespresso Inissia Espresso Maker Review
The Nespresso Inissia Machine is one of the products selected to be part of our review. It is a characteristic espresso machine that allows a feasible capsule inserting and ejecting. In order to be more time efficient, it requires only 25 seconds of pre – heating time. Apart from the great functionalities, this espresso machine has an attractive design as well.
- You can choose between a lungo and an espresso thanks to two buttons that are programmable
- The water tank is removable and it contains up to 24 ounces.
- The appliance is also energy efficient. It is programed to switch off in the case when it is not being used for up to nine minutes.
- It is very practical because of its weight and ergonomic style. You can place the Nespresso Inissia Machine easily almost anywhere.
- You can use large cups without struggling. This model, in particular, allows you to do this thanks to its drip tray with the folding mechanism.
- We have been testing this espresso machine for the necessary time and the only downside that we have noticed was a light leaking phenomena in the drip tray.
- No frothing option
The Nespresso Inissia Machine can be considered a great choice if you are looking for an easily handling espresso machine that can deliver both lungo and espresso cups. This model is also energy efficient.
2. Nespresso A + C40 – US – TI – NE Inissia Espresso Maker with Aeroccino Review
Nespresso can proudly recognise A + C40 – US – TI – NE Inissia Espresso Maker with Aeroccino as another success story. The given espresso machine is coming with a froth mechanism which allows the users to quickly achieve the desired froth (cold or hot). The capsules are easily inserted and injected.
- The appliance ensures a great cup of coffee delivery in the very first moment you receive it. Why? It already includes a number of capsules that you can enjoy regardless of the taste (they are being provided in different tastes).
- By selecting the Nespresso espresso machine you are granted online support and tailored solutions for your Nespresso model.
- Thanks to the Aeroccino frother you can enjoy your favourite macchiato or cappuccino at home. The taste will be equal to the one prepared from the best Italian barman.
- There have been evidenced few drips of coffee in the drip pan and that means you might need to pay attention in terms of cleaning
- Sometimes, because of the security mechanism, you might need to push the buttons more than once in order for the espresso to start.
This espresso machine is really attractive. Especially if you are looking for a multi – purpose solution this would particularly be considered a great option. You can enjoy espresso and cappuccino delivered from the same machine.
3. DeLonghi EC155 15 BAR Pump Review
- Coffee measurement
- Milk frother
- Tiara Espresso cups
- Tiara Espresso saucers
- Frothing pitcher
- The appliance is coming with a great solution in terms of temperature. Thanks to its thermostats (2) the device is able to individually manage the water pressure and the steam one.
- The boiler is made of stainless steel material which guarantees a long durability.
- You can prepare espresso and milk – based cups of coffee with no additional equipment.
- The pressure of the pump reaches up to 15 bars.
- The internal mechanism of self – management avoids the start – up phase.
- The only downside we could evidence during the testing phase of The DeLonghi EC155 model is the size of the boiling water storage. It is relatively small, thus you need to keep this into consideration if you are looking for an office espresso.
We cannot hide our satisfaction during coffee preparation with The DeLonghi EC155 model. It is easy to handle, fast and efficient. It delivers both coffee and other coffee combinations with milk.
4. Hamilton Beach 40792 Espresso & Cappuccino Maker Review
When the Hamilton provider created this model was thinking of a user – friendly experience. The Hamilton Beach 40792 Espresso & Cappuccino Maker is easy to set up thanks to its filter holder (equipped with a slide and lock solution)
- It is coming with a steam mechanism that allows the users to achieve frothing milk or steaming one (as per their wish)
- Both the drip tray and the water tank can be easily removed for a smooth cleaning process.
- Cleaning becomes even easier when all you need to do is wipe the externals of the machine and dissemble all the attached parts in order to be separately cleaned.
- One of the disadvantages that we noticed during the tasting phase is the fact that this espresso model is getting congested.
- It does not have an option for the lungo and one for the espresso.
In case you are always focusing on the moment when you are about to sip your cup of coffee and you are not so attracted from the machinery, then the model that Hamilton is presenting in this review is the right choice for you.
5. Mr Coffee ECMP1000 Café Barista Review
Here we are with an espresso machine that has understood the right direction towards simplicity. The Mr Coffee ECMP1000 Café Barista is coming with alternatives. You can choose between a single cups of coffee or a double one and you can select your choice in the “One Touch Control Panel”. The providers are offering this espresso machine together with the right accessories:
- Single shot filter
- Double shot filter
- Measuring scoop/cup
- Coffee recipes
- The device has an automatic system for frothing milk.
- The milk tank, exactly like the water tank, can be easily removed in order for a smooth cleaning process.
- You can adjust the cup tray according to the type of cup or glass you are using at a given time.
- In case you are worrying on the coffee drops, this won’t be the case anymore. The drip plate can be removed and cleaned independently from the device.
- We have noticed that this model has one downside. It releases a relatively audible noise. Apart from this, everything is functioning properly.
This appliance might be the great solution for those individuals who are looking for a great espresso machine that is easy to be cleaned and managed.
We have already gone through a detailed description and analyses for all the best espresso machine under $300 in the market. Yet, we are eager to select our top of the top one.
We believe that an excellent espresso needs to fulfil a number of unnegotiable criteria such as taste should not be compromised, universally fit design, easily managed and handled in terms of usage and cleaning. In order to be an outstanding performer, our espresso machine needs to deliver coffee and cappuccino.
Thus, based on the above – mentioned criteria which are already explained in the “Buyer’s Guide”, the product which we consider as the first one on the list is “DeLonghi EC155 15 BAR Pump”.
This model is conceptualised to achieve a perfect temperature regardless of the process. The materials used are long lasting (stainless steel boiler). The appliance is considered to be energy efficient and time efficient as well.
You can reach high -pressure levels thanks to the powerful Italian pump.
And last but not least, the “DeLonghi EC155 15 BAR Pump” model is coming as a full pack. It includes the necessary accessories an individual needs to accurately prepare its favourite cup of coffee.
- Coffee measurement
- Milk frother
- Tiara Espresso cups
- Tiara Espresso Saucers
- Frothing pitcher
At the end, as we usually do, we encourage individuality! Because of this, we would like to invite you to carefully check our review in order to understand which the model that fits your requirements is.